Sunday, August 14, 2011

See you Later Team 1

Team 1 I miss you!

Thank You
3 days ago, most team 1 (my team of counselors) headed back to America. It was so sad to see so many of my good new friends leave. We went out with a bang though. Our last camp rocked! I was so lucky to work with such a wonderful group of counselors.  Whenever there was any rough moments we helped each other through it. Each person brough something different to the group and we worked great together as a team.



 I also had to say goodbye to the Japanese Counselors, I saw several of them for the last time today. When I heard about this program, I heard that the JC's would become great freinds. I could never have guessed though, how truely amazing they are. They worked so hard for us and they became some of my closest friends.

Graduation
At the end of every camp we have a graduation cerimony for the campers. So, at the end of our last camp we had a graduation of our own. It began with the presentaiton of the Erik Spindler Award. One counselor "who best exemplifies a caring spirit and genuine camaraderie to their campers" is chosen by the team to recieve the award. I recieved it!!!!! I felt so surprised and happy! I do love camp so much, especially singing songs, playing games and talking with the campers. Thank you so much team 1 for chosing me for this award.


Then, we recieved Japanese graduation certificates and cards from the J staff. And had a special thank you for the J staff. It was so sad to know that things were coming to a close.


It is strange to be here without them, but I have my 3 extended stay buddies and my friends on team 2 to share my future adventures with. Heres to more fun days in Nagasaki, Oita and Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment