Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Extended Stay

Hello!

It is hard to believe things are about to wrap up here in Japan. I am back in Fukuoka for one last night. Then, I fly to Tokyo for 1 last camp. I am so happy that I stayed of this extended stay! I have gotten to go on a fishing boat in the bay, make homemade somen noodles, go to peace park, explore Nagasaki and stay with 3 wonderful new host families. However, that only scratches the surface of all the adventures I have had in the past few weeks. 

I just returned from spending 4 days at Huis Ten Bosh theme park were we met some Japanese college students and made a bunch of new friends. Plus, we got to eat and gang out at Guys new restaurant, Rock and Rool Brats. The highlight of our stay there was the night that Jiro took us all out to dinner. We all walked  30 min in the pouring rain to get there, but it was more than worth it. The food was delicious and we were all in a fantastic mood. Jiro was so kind and absolutely hilarious. We all shared a large variety of appetizers including fried shrimp, octopus tempura, French fries, sashimi, Japanese fried chicken, and salad. Then we all ordered our own main dish and a delicious ice cream dessert. YUMMMMMMM! We were a very full and happy group by the time we headed home. 

Oh! One more thing! I camera crew came to film us working with the students. So… We were all in a Japanese newspaper and on the news!

No comments:

Post a Comment